City of Joondalup Youth Award – Tertiary Education
The City of Joondalup Youth Award- Tertiary Education Scholarship is open to second and third year students who wish to have a career in local government and are passionate about their community. The Scholarship is valued at $5000 and also includes the opportunity to complete a paid work placement at the City of Joondalup during their holiday period to gain valuable local government experience.
Opens: 9-09-2021 Closes: 23-09-2021
At a glance
- This scholarship is open to current ECU students.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to AskUs.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident;
- be enrolled in an Undergraduate course relevant to future employment within local government;
- have and maintain an academic progression status of GREEN;
- be studying full-time (60 credit points);
- have completed a minimum of 120 credit points;
- be 18 to 25 years of age at the time of application;
- reside in the City of Joondalup catchment area.
The Award includes the opportunity to begin a career in a local government department, by completing a paid work placement with the City of Joondalup for up to twelve (12) weeks.
This placement can be either full time or part time and negotiated with the City to accommodate the recipients study commitments.
How to apply
Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates.
Applicants will be required to provide a personal statement of no more than 500 words addressing the following;
- How your course is relevant to a career in local government?
- Demonstrate your commitment to community.
Eligible applications will be assessed by a Selection Committee.
Selection will based on:
- Content of Personal Statement
For more information
- Contact AskUs.